GROUPS ONLY 2018
IF YOU HAVE THE GROUP, WE HAVE THE SPACE!!
Explore the largest Caribbean island in-depth - from its stunning vistas over the lush countryside to its expansive beaches, quaint fishing villages and vibrant cities, all while having the chance to interact with the locals and get to know their vibrant culture, customs, music, and cuisine.
Your adventure begins with two days in the resort town of Varadero for a cultural infusion - traditional dance lessons, touring an art school, meeting local students, and visiting a rationing store to learn about the government food distribution program.
Your view into daily Cuban life continues when you reach the capital city of Havana. Here you will tour fascinating arts and dance projects, take-in a live choir performance, enjoy a historian-led walking tour of Old Havana (home to the largest collections of Spanish-Colonial architecture in the Americas), visit El Morro - a Spanish fortress guarding the entrance to Havana, learn how famous Cuban cigars are made, see Ernest Hemingway's house where he penned many of his greatest works, indulge in authentic Cuban fare at intimate, family-owned paladar restaurants, and tap your toe during a special jazz performance at the famous La Zorra y el Cuervo club. Leisure time is included to explore on your own and enjoy sizzling Havana nights.
For a glimpse of the country, an all-day excursion to the eco-village of Las Terrazas, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve and site of the earliest surviving coffee plantations in Cuba, is planned, as well as a short drive to the small fishing village of Cojimar, the inspiration for Hemingway's "The Old Man and the Sea."
- Get to know Cuba from its coastal splendors of Varadero to its vibrant capital of Havana
- Delve into Matanzas, “The city of Bridges” on a panoramic city tour
- Explore Varadero from its famed Casa DuPont showcasing the area's world-famous sea views to its Danzón Club where you will learn some Cuban dance moves
- Discover the inner workings of farm life and taste some of the native fruits harvested at Matanza's family run Finca Coincidencia
- Venture in-land to breath-taking Pinar del Rio’s ecovillage of Las Terrazas
- Tap your feet to the innovative percussion movement of Habana Compás Dance Company during a live performance