Travelers indulge in a nine day Italy tour package of breathtaking exploration of the fascinating diversity of Rome and the Sorrentine Peninsula. Signature features of Central Holidays are deluxe motor-coaches, professional Tour Directors, centrally located first class hotels and restaurants' lunches and dinners, where wine, mineral waters, coffee or cappuccino are added perks. Experience history as you simply walk Rome's streets, avenues and piazzas. The featured tours take in mesmerizing sites and sights... the remnants of the imperial past...the Roman Forum and the Colosseum, both centers of the life and vicissitudes of the ancient Romans. Vatican City will also yield impressive visits. With this tour of Italy you discover the priceless treasures of the Vatican museums and are amazed by the Sistine Chapel's ceiling at the sight of Michelangelo's masterpiece. On your way to the Sorrentine Peninsula, drive through Naples and Pompeii; the town covered by volcanic lava 2,000 years ago, today left with remarkably preserved ruins of temples, houses, gardens and public buildings. From Sorrento, the amid orange and lemon groves you will take excursions to the villages of the Amalfi coastline...Positano, Amalfi, Ravello and the isle of Capri, all immersed in heavenly climate and facing immense azure marine landscapes. This Italy vacation is a perfect balance of history and enchanting natural settings you will always treasure.
- Discover the fascinating diversity of Rome and the Sorrentine Peninsula from the Eternal City's ancient ruins, piazzas and tratorrias, to the postcard perfect Amalfi Coast
- Step back in time to days of warriors and gladiators in the Colosseum and Roman Forum and embark on a privately guided tour of Vatican City's Sistine Chapel
- Explore the remarkably preserved ruins of Pompeii, city covered by volcanic lava 2,000 years ago
- Stay in Sorrento, enjoy a cruise along the Amalfi Coast, and visit the South’s splendorous towns of Positano, Ravello, and Amalfi
- Take a jetfoil across the blue Bay of Naples for adventuring in the fabled Isle of Capri