"Treasures of Greece" is a Classical Escorted Tour that invites you to explore firsthand the birthplace of western civilization and a vibrant culture that captivates at every turn. The adventure commences in Athens with time at leisure to explore this old world meets modern metropolis. As the new day beckons so do the country’s ancient archeological wonders, warm and welcoming locals, flavorful food, chic and lively nightlife, plus so much more! Embark on an insightful half-day professionally guided tour to delve into some of Athens’ most significant archeological treasures. Taking a leap back in time, you will visit the imposing Acropolis and Parthenon perched atop the city, and the New Acropolis Museum - featuring more than 3,000 artifacts from the Athenian Acropolis, including the famous Caryatid sculptures. The excitement continues in Mycenae with the opportunity to see the Lion’s Gate and Tomb of Agamemnon. Then it's on to Epidaurus and its famed Theatre before heading to Olympia, site of the first Olympic Games. Delphi, from where the prophetic oracle that so influenced classical Greece hailed, welcomes you as the next stop on this captivating journey. Next it’s on to Kalambaka, the gateway to Meteora – known for its famous rock formations topped with the world's 2nd largest complex of Eastern Orthodox monasteries that are seemingly suspended in air. On this splendid “Treasures of Greece” travel program with Central Holidays, you will not only visit the most famous sights you’ve longed to see, but you’ll also discover hidden treasures, such as restaurants housed in centuries-old structures that serve the best local delicacies or popular tavernas echoing “Opa” to the liveliest of beats. Come enjoy the "Treasures of Greece" today!
- Visit Athens, the dynamic capital of Greece and home of Western styled democracy
- Walk under the Lion’s Gate to the Tomb of Agamemnon in Mycenae. Sit in Epidaurus’ famous amphitheater, where Classic Greek plays are still regularly performed
- Pretend to be part of the first Olympic Games and run or walk the Olympic Stadium at Olympia. Offer to Zeus at his Sanctuary.
- Consult the Delphi oracle, treasury and theater and see the Charioteer, one of Classic Greece’s most famous statues
- Visit and attend mass at ageless monasteries, suspended mid-air on Meteora’s, soaring stone formations