"Santorini and the Aegean" is Tour offering Athens, Santorini plus an Aegean Cruise in which you will explore the islands replete with legend, history and splendid natural settings. Budget friendly hotels, from Superior Tourist to Deluxe, for the three nights in Athens and three in Santorini. A half-day Athens guided tour also takes in the legendary Acropolis, crowned by the Parthenon, an apogee of Western civilization. Ample time is left for personal exploration or side trips to places such as Delphi, Meteora or Cape Sounion. In your Athenian nights, or days, try delicious cuisine and wines at a taverna in the section of Plaka. You'll love it! In Santorini explore all the wonders this spectacular island believed by many to be the site of the lost continent of Atlantis. Before disembarking to your hotel in Santorini you may take one of optional excursions offered on board ship. During your stay on the island enjoy the sights on your own, relax on black sand beaches or take local tours. The enchanting Aegean cruisefrom Piraeus to Santorini will touch land at Mykonos, Kusadasi (Turkey), Patmos, Rhodes and Heraklion in Crete. Shore excursions will include, among others, Ephesus (one of the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World), St. John Monastery and the Grotto of Apocalypse, the town of Rhodes (a World Heritage Site) and the Minoan Palace of Knossos. This Greece tour package has memorable sites of to be forever treasured.
- Visit Athens, the dynamic capital of Greece and home of Western-styled democracy
- Cruise the Aegean to Mykonos, a lively harbor and picturesque island of windmills
- Discover Ephesus, one of the “Seven Wonders of the Ancient World” and set sail for Patmos, site of St John the Divine’s Monastery
- Spend time on Rhodes, the island of roses and the ancient site of the Colossus of Rhodes and call in at Crete, Greece’s largest island
- Take in the wonders of the volcanic island of Santorini with its black sand beaches