Our Aegean cruise is the perfect trip spent aboard a ship and, best of all; it can easily be in one week. Spend three nights in Athens where you have budget friendly hotels from First to Deluxe plus a wonderful five-day cruise that visits the major Aegean islands plus a stop in Turkey. In Athens a half day tour visits, among other sites, the legendary Acropolis crowned by a vision of perfection, the Parthenon. Ample time is left for personal exploration or side trips such as Delphi, site of the topmost prophetic oracle of classical Greece. In your Athenian nights, or days, try savoring delicious cuisine and wines at a taverna in the section of Plaka. You'll love it. Embark your Greek Island cruise and jet set to islands such as Mykonos, and ports of call replete with legend, history and enchanting natural settings. In Kusadasi, Turkey, there is an optional tour of Ephesus, one the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World and on the island of Patmos you may visit St. John's Monastery and the Grotto of the Apocalypse. In medieval Rhodes, once site of the Colossus, you may tour the town, a World Heritage Site. From Heraklion, Crete, you may elect to delve into the Minoan civilization by visiting the Palace of Knossos. You will also stop at Santorini believed by many to be the site of the lost continent of Atlantis. Its spectacular landscapes, crystalline waters and outstanding Cycladic architecture will remain vivid memories of this magical week. Travel to Greece and Turkey in style.
- Visit Athens, the dynamic capital of Greece and home of Western-styled democracy
- Sail on to Mykonos, a lively harbor and picturesque island of windmills
- Sail to and explore the volcanic island of Santorini, believed to be the site of the lost Continent of Atlantis
- Call at Crete, Greece’s largest island with its magic tapestry of beaches, ancient treasures, vibrant cities and dreamy villages
- Discover Ephesus, one of the “Seven Wonders of the Ancient World”