Located 90 miles south of Key West, Florida, this colorful, island of yesteryear is ripe for exploration, particularly now that the political relationship with the U.S. has begun to thaw. The capital of Havana is where your adventure begins. Founded in 1515, this famous city is home to awe-inspiring architectural treasures - and classic American cars. Here you will have the chance to explore the nation’s storied history and lively culture by meeting its artists, dancers and musicians, visiting its museums and rum factories, walking its plazas and parks, tasting its authentic fare at locally-run paladares, and much more. You will step back to the 1950s as you tour the former presidential palace where the Museum of the Revolution is now housed, and sip a mojito at the Hotel Nacional, where the Rat Pack used to hang. Meet talented artisans as you shop the Almacenes de San Jose crafts market, and learn about the country’s age-old profession when you meet Cuban cigar rollers.
After Havana it's on to the "Pearl of the South," Cienfuegos, to explore the verdant botanical garden before day-tripping to the colonial city of Trindad, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Next it's a peek into Ernest Hemingway’s former world with a visit to his farm house, Finca La Vigia, where he penned some of his greatest works.
Most evenings are yours to enjoy as you like, whether it's taking in a live jazz or Buena Vista Social Club show, enjoying some of Cuba's finest rum cocktails, savoring flavorful homemade meals, strolling through Old Havana's winding cobblestone streets, or getting dessert at Coppelia, one of the largest ice cream parlors in the world.
- Enjoy this perfect opportunity to get to know the Cuba of yesterday and today on this amazing “General Support for the Cuban People” experience
- See up-close how the world’s acclaimed Cuban cigars are made from growing and drying tobacco to rolling
- Discover the vibrant mosaic art and the inspired neighborhood project of the “Picasso of Cuba” José Fuster
- Stroll along the Malecón, sip on a Mojito at the Hotel Nacional, and try some salsa dance steps on this educational exchange
- Learn about Cuba and its people firsthand via interchanges with Cuban artists, writers, museum curators, musicians, students, and locals
- Journey to Cienfuegos, with its beautiful botanical gardens and Trinidad, a wellpreserved UNESCO World Heritage Site founded in 1514 situated between the mountains and the sea