Let the rustic charm of Cinque Terre vacation packages refresh and rejuvenate you with the best of Italy!
In the past, holiday vacation packages to Italy used to overlook the intriguing villages of Cinque Terre. That changed when it was declared a Unesco World Heritage Site in 1997. Since then, Cinque Terre vacation packages have delighted millions of people. The experience of visiting and living in the five stunning little fishing villages that comprise Cinque Terre have transformed visitors to the village, refreshing even the most jaded cynic with its splendid panorama that takes you back to nature.
Holiday vacation packages to Italy need not break your bank. In fact, the Cinque Terre vacation packagescan be enjoyed with the peace of mind that whatever the cost may be, you are getting so much more in return! Here are some of the things you can expect to see in Cinque Terre.
1. Cliffs that have been chiseled by the human hand into a beautiful labyrinth of gardens, fields and houses. These are so stunning that they have even been compared to the Great Wall of China.
2. Historic buildings, from castles to churches, that dates back to AD 643 down to the late Middle Ages.
3. Coastal hiking paths. The most famous one is the Blue Path, locally called Sentiero Azzurro, which runs through all the five towns of Cirque Terre. Drink in the panoramic coastal views while you are hiking through for an experience that is invigorating and unforgettable.
4. Beaches, which are aplenty in Cirque Terre.
5. Food, which is full of Italian rustic influences, and can be enjoyed with a glass of the special Cinque Terre white wine. Whether you are a ravioli fan or a focaccia aficionado, you can get all the iconic Italian foods in the quaint little restaurants that dot the promenades in any of the five villages of Cinque Terre. Enjoy some specialty Italian foods that are hard to get anywhere else, such as a cone of fried seafood or the specialty homemade pastries. The artisanal gelatos are one item that must not be missed.
The five villages of Cinque Terre can be enjoyed as a weekend trip or as part of a larger vacation. You could start your holiday at Monterosso, the oldest of the villages, and enjoy your way through Vernazza, Manarola, Corniglia, and Riomaggiore.
If you are on a budget vacation, it would be a good idea to camp at any of the towns near those of Cinque Terre, which would be more affordable than staying at the five villages themselves. One of these towns is Levanto, which is one train stop away from Cinque Terre. Cinque Terre can also be visited as part of a day trip from Rome, which might include a stopover at the leaning tower of Pisa.
The Cinque Terre National Park is a site that cannot be missed, where you can see bays, cliffs, terraces, and vineyards. The panoramic trails that overlook the sea and cliffs will not be forgotten soon!