Travel to Spain and see a land of diversity in culture, religion, and terrain, and this seven day escorted tour introduces travelers to five cities in the central and southern interior: Madrid, Cordoba, Seville, Granada, and Toledo. The Spain vacation begins at the center of the Iberian Peninsula in the capital city-Madrid. Madrid is renowned for its grand monuments, royal heritage, world-famous arts museums, and cosmopolitan shopping. On the voyage south, the plains of La Mancha excite the imagination, as this is the land where Cervantes' famous Don Quixote jousted windmills and dreamed the impossible dream. Beyond the plains sits Cordoba, an ancient city of diverse heritage that boasts Aljama, an 8th century mosque with architectural features that reflect the culture of the conquering peoples who once made this city home. In Andalucia, the most romantic city in Spain beckons-Seville. Seville's Gothic cathedral and epic La Giralda bell tower glow golden at night and winding, cobblestone streets burst on to broad plazas. Due east from Seville is Granada, the last strong hold of Muslim rule in Spain. Rising from the mountain is the UNESCO World Heritage-restored Alhambra, a fortress-turned-palace that is over 600 years old. The final destination is Toledo, one of Europe's oldest cities and home to famous painter El Greco.
- Experience Madrid’s grand monuments, royal heritage, world-famous arts museums, and cosmopolitan shopping
- Discover the plains of La Mancha, land where author Cervantes' famous Don Quixote jousted windmills
- Step back in time in Cordoba as you explore the city’s imposing 8th century mosque
- Let Seville into your soul, from the fervor of its fiery flamenco and tapas bars, to its iconic Giralda bell tower, to its near endless winding street that burst into lively plazas to enjoy
- Delve into the grandeur of Granada with visits to Alhambra Palace and Generalife Gardens
- Visit Toledo, one of Europe’s oldest cities and home of famed painter El Greco